My today’s tips is about how to shape your eyebrows.
As you know that eyebrows are the focal point of your face, people said that they are the frame of your face. I’d prefer to keep the natural shape of eyebrows, rather than tweezing and trimming them which are only sacrificing their natural appearances (except for the "extreme" case). That's why I always avoid to use either “too thin” black pencil or “overly bushy” eyebrows.
so here they are my eyebrows kit:
Now, let us draw :)
- First of all, make a visualization in your mind what kind of eyebrows shape that will fit in with your face, adjusted with your natural shape of course. The pictures below can be used as a reference:
1. Position your brush handle vertically against the side of nose, make sure it meets the brows. That's the first tip of brows that you should draw.
2. Move your brush handle diagonally across the outer half of eyes iris, the peak position of your brows arch is when your brush handle meets the brows.
3. Place your brush handle against the side of your nose again, then extend it diagonally to the outer corner of eye. When it meets the brows, that means it's the end of your brows line.
- Then define your browse! use a small stiff angled brush for filling in the blank spaces of your brows by applying The Body Shop Eyebrow Kit or PAC Brown Eyeshadow. Remember to use short, feathery, hairlike strokes angled with the same direction as the hairs growth to create natural brow hairs.
- Define the outer edge of your brows by using MAC / PAC Brown Eyebrows Pencil.
- Smudge the eyebrows color by using brow brush to soften and blend the color beautifully
- As a finishing touch, you could also use bronze mascara (I use Indonesian local brand: Moors) to keep your brows stay in place
- This is my tips for you: choose the eyebrows color that one or two shade lighter than your natural hair color, remember...younger color creates younger look :) For Asian women in common, I'd prefer to use brown color rather than the black one. So how 'bout if you already have really dark and thick eyebrows? you could soften them with gold or orange colors.
- Some fine / unwanted hair outside your "new" eyebrows can be camouflaged with white eyeshadow / highlighter
Happy Trying ^^