vintage

Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Favorite Makeup Brushes | R E V I E W


Dear all,


Doing makeup is just like painting, you need good brushes and canvas to create a good creation. When I was in high school, I like drawing and painting. I found out by experience that when I used better tools then I usually created better result. It’s logical, since higher quality tools bring you smoother, more precise and better control result that can boost your mood to experiment...that’s why I can say that the better brushes you use, the better result you create. Higher quality product usually followed by higher price but I can’t guarantee all that is true. Sometimes I find affordable products that are also great! 

Figuring out which makeup brushes you need is also important since there are so many shapes and sizes of brushes out there. I used to buy makeup brushes kit, but lately I realize that sometimes I don’t need some of them in my kit, they're totally becoming useless. Otherwise the makeup brushes that I really need most often aren’t included in the kit (such as: pencil brush and crease brush). So I prefer to buy them individually from any brands.

Some people say that good brushes are made from natural materials, such as ponytail and goat hair. I wish I could find the other similar materials that aren’t from animal :(. IMHO for blush on/contouring you need a firmer fibers brush (such as made from ponytail) to make the colors more visible and for eyeshadow you need a softer fibers brush (made from goat hair) to make it easier blended. For foundation / concealer / eyebrow brushes, they’re usually made from synthetic materials. 

Here is my list of the top makeup brushes I think I should own, along with the correct and proper ways how to use them. [well although I own them but I use them for my clients, you know.....my acne prone oily skin makes me cannot wear any makeups :( ].


My Most Favorite Makeup Brushes

So here they are in detail......

1. Kabuki Brush from The Body Shop
The Kabuki brush is perfect for applying powder on your face. Sprinkle a small amount of your loose powder / mineral powder to the lid of the jar, then swirl your kabuki brush into the powder. Tap off the excess powder, sweep the brush onto your face and blend the product into your skin with circular motion.


2. Fan Brush from ummmhhh...I forget the brand :)
I usually use this to sweep of fallen eyeshadow or excess powder....especially the area under your eye....


3. Contour Brush from Artistry
I usually use this brush to make shading and contouring onto my client's face, especially for the cheek area.


4. Small Foundation Brush from Oriflame
Although this is a foundation brush but I like to use it for making a contouring on nose, a definitely small and stiff brush which is perfect for "a nose job"
Medium Foundation Brush from Artistry
I usually use it for applying foundation on face


5. Blusher Brush from The Body Shop
I use this brush to apply blush on. Before applying the blush on, I usually do the cheek and face contouring first


6. Blender Brush from The Body Shop
This brush has power to: harmoniously blend lighter eyeshadow on eyelid and darker eyeshadow on crease; highlight your eyebone with lightest eyeshadow; and blend out any harsh lines/edges (three in a row). Blender brush is a great tool to make your eyeshadow looks natural and create soft edges without wiping away color.


7. Medium Pencil Brush from Make Up Show
This medium pencil brush has a soft and medium taper pencil tip. It's a versatile brush which functions to apply darker eyeshadow along the crease and outer V, and to smudge/soften pencil liner along the top lash lines. 


8. Small Pencil Brush from Sephora
This small pencil brush has a soft and small taper pencil tip. It's a versatile brush which functions to smudge/soften pencil liner along the lower lash lines, to line the eyes and to highlight the inner corner of your eyes. 


9. Eyeshadow Brush from Artistry
This flat and soft brush is to apply and build intense color of eyeshadow on your eyelid


10. Medium Crease Brush from Make Up Show
This medium taper crease brush is used for your crease and outer V eyecolors. Suitable for those who have big eyes. Btw...crease is an area between the end of your eyeball and before your eyebone starts. Since its size is similar to blending brush, sometimes I also use it as blending and highlighting brush for eyes area.
Small Crease Brush from Make Up Show 
This small taper crease brush is used for crease and outer V eyecolors. Suitable for those who have small eyes. Due to the small size, makes its function is almost similar to small pencil brush. You can also use it to smudge/soften/line your lash line.


11. Eyebrow Brush from uummmmhhh... I forget the brand :)
The angled tip of eyebrow brush is great for defining and filling in the brows


12. Small and Medium Lip Brushes from Artistry
These lip brushes are great for defining and filling in your lips.

"Now it's time for you having fun with your own makeup brushes and don't forget to clean them once a week if you use it personally :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment